Balby Carr Community Academy has strong links with local colleges, apprenticeship providers, employers and universities to provide our students a range of choices for the end of Y11 and Y13.
The careers education and guidance programme at Balby Carr Community Academy seeks to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
We work with Careers Inc who are an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service who will support you to aim high in your career goals and aspirations.
As a student at Balby Carr Community Academy you are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- Personal to you and always puts your interests first
- Motivates and inspires you to consider all opportunities available
- Helps you to gain the skills you need to make your career ambitions a reality
- Provides the support you need to be successful
- Helps you access any additional support you might need
- Is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of career pathways and local labour market information
- Protects and respects your personal information and shares it only with your consent
- We will support your career development in a number of ways including:
- Information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help you make decisions about your future;
- Activities and events such as careers fairs;
- Access to the career adviser in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning and results days;
- Careers information and IT based careers programmes and information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites.
Careers Advice and Guidance
As a student at Balby Carr you have access to the Careers Inc portal.
Check out the apprenticeships from all over South Yorkshire that are currently available across a wide range of industry sectors. Click the link below and enter your details to find an apprenticeship near you!
Getting into University
If you are considering a university pathway then “Which? University” has teamed up with The Student Room to create a brand new guide to getting into university. It covers every key step on our students’ road to university, but without that horrible jargon. With their guide, our students won’t miss a step!
Additional information is available from