Please click the following links for the Curriculum content for the respective year groups:
Balby Carr Community Academy provides a broad and balanced curriculum for all students so that they can fully develop their talents. We place a strong emphasis on the core subjects of English, Maths and Science. At the same time, we recognise that every child should be given the opportunity to explore their interest in humanities, languages, the arts and sport.
Our curriculum aims to:
- Be broad to enable all students to develop personal qualities, knowledge and a range of skills relevant to the real world.
- Promote practical capability, technical and vocational skills.
- Develop students spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness
- Be interesting, enjoyable and pupil-centered.
Key Stage 3
Our year Key Stage 3 programme features a range of subjects including: English, Maths, Science, Art & Design, Dance, Drama, French, Geography, History, ICT, Music, Physical Education and Technology.
Key Stage 4
Our Key Stage 4 curriculum is appropriate to individual students and has a balance between academic and vocational courses. Towards the end of Year 8, following a structured program of careers guidance students will select the subjects they would like to continue to study at Key stage 4.
Our Key Stage 4 program includes a range of subjects including:
- Compulsory Subjects: English, Maths, Science, TLM (ICT), Physical Education
- Optional Subjects: Art & Design, ICT, Drama, Geography, Health & Social Care, History, Languages, Music, Sociology and Technology.
Courses provided leading to GCSE Qualification;
- Science- all subjects
- Business Studies
- English Language
- D.T.- Elec. Prod, Res. Material, Textiles, Food
- French, Spanish
- Health and Social Care
Courses provided leading to other Qualifications
Key Stage 5
Our sixth form curriculum builds on learning delivered at Key Stage 4 in order to ensure that students have a route into and are prepared for learning or further education. Our pathways range from trainee's ships to A levels, combining some elements of work experience.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at Office@balbycarr.org where your message will be forwarded to the relevant member of staff